Apple ID is an endorsement method that is used in iPhone, iPad, Mac, and other Apple devices by Apple. It contains settings and personal information of a user. In short, Apple ID is a username for iPhone users. It is an account where Apple users can log in.
The Apple ID is used to log in enormous Apple services like iMessage, iTunes, iCloud, FaceTime, Apple Store, Apple Music, and more. With the help of Apple ID, users can download different products like games, applications, and more from the Apple Store.
Ways to Reset a Forgotten Apple ID Password
To secure your Apple ID, the user should set up two-factor authentication because it serves as an extra level of security and ensures that you are the only person who can access the account.
This two-factor authentication helps to secure all the personal information and security of Apple ID. The two-factor authentication process is highly secure because it requires a password and a biometric confirmation.
Apple ID password is the most important because it is the account that you use for everything for example when you sign in to iCloud, shop the iTunes Store, buy an application and more. So, if you forget your Apple ID password, do not worry!
Now, you can reset the password by using a web browser on the following Apple products: iPhone, iPad, Mac. This not only reset your password, but it can also recover your Apple ID.
Reset Password if you have Enable Two-factor Authentication
Nowadays, it seems every online portal you visit try to make sure you use two-factor authentication. The two-factor authentication can access your account only through your trusted device.
Following the steps, if you have two-factor authentication enabled
- Open iforgot.apple.com
- To continue, type your Apple ID email address.
- Choose the option to enter your phone number that is linked with your Apple ID.
- Now, you will be asked to pick up one of the devices linked to this account.
- Click Allow to proceed further.
- Enter the passcode of your selected device.
- Click on Done button.
- Now, enter your new Apple ID password.
- Verify it > Continue.
- Your password has been reset.
Steps to Reset Apple ID Password
Following are the steps to reset your Apple ID password by using your email address or security questions. You can select any one option to reset your Apple ID password.
If two-factor authentication is disabled or not turned on, you will need to use your email address or have to answer the security question to change or reset your password.
- Type iforgot.apple.com in any web browser.
- Type your Apple ID email address>Continue.
- Now, from the two options, select the first one that says “I need to reset my password”.
- Then click on the Continue button.
- Choose from the options: Get an email or Answer security question to reset the password, select one!
– If you are using the option to get an email, Apple will send you an email with the title “How to reset your Apple ID password” on your personal email address. Open the mail and click on the Reset now button.
– Enter your new password > Confirm.
– Click on the reset password button to create a new Apple ID password.
- On the other hand, if you choose the second option i.e reset the password via security questions. In this, you need to answer the security questions selected by you earlier at the time of creating an Apple ID.
For example: if you chose the question to verify your birthday, Give the correct answer then Continue. (You need to answer two security questions).
– After answering your security questions, enter the option to select a new password> Confirm.
– Entering your new password then click on the reset-password button.
Above were the options, if you want to reset your password using a web browser. Now, if you want to reset your Apple ID password on your phone then following the below-mentioned points.
- Select settings options on your iPhone.
- Click on the Apple ID banner (with your name and picture on it).
- Select the password & security option.
- Click on change password.
- Now, enter your new password then verify it.
- Click on the “Done” button.
You Can also Reset your Apple ID if you have Forgotten it
Following are the options that will help you to reset your Apple ID.
- Open any web browser, then on the search button type iforgot.apple.com
- Now, under the email address section, click on the “Look it up” button.
- After you clicked look it up, then enter your first name, last name, and your backup email address. Ensure you write your full name that is linked with your Apple ID.
- Click Continue. Now, you will be taken on the page that says” Apple ID found” if your name and recovery email is in the system.
- Now, select the “Go to Your account” button.
- Here, click on “Forgot Apple ID or password?”
If you still need to recover your password or else follow the above-mentioned steps for recovering your password with the help of a two-factor authentication method, email, or via security questions.
So now you can reset your Apple ID password or recover ID hassle-free within few seconds.