YouTube is the most popular streaming website especially designed for sharing the video. Here, you will get millions of users that have created their accounts on YouTube to upload the videos that anyone can watch.
You can promote your video by simply sharing the URL that YouTube has created after you upload the video on your account.
In 2005, YouTube was created in San Bruno, California with three former Paypal employees (Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim). Afterwards, in 2006 Google bought the American video-sharing website i.e. YouTube for US$1.65 billion.
We can upload and download YouTube videos. YouTube videos can be seen online and offline. Online means with the help of internet connectivity and offline means without internet.
If you love to watch enormous videos, then the offline YouTube feature is meant for you. This feature allows YouTube users to enjoy their favourite or liked videos on their iOS or Android devices even if there is no internet connectivity.
- 1 Know more about YouTube’s offline feature
- 1.1 Who can download the video to play offline?
- 1.2 How to download YouTube videos to watch offline?
- 1.3 How to change the quality of videos downloaded?
- 1.4 How to schedule offline videos to download when connects Wi-Fi
- 1.5 How to watch YouTube offline videos?
- 1.6 Final Thoughts
Know more about YouTube’s offline feature
This feature was launched in 2014. With this feature, YouTube users can save YouTube videos to their iOS or Android device that can be seen later. With the help of Wi-Fi or mobile internet, these videos can be downloaded.
The downloaded video can be played for the next 48 hours, then after 48 hours, you need to search for Wi-Fi or internet connectivity to re-sync the video with YouTube app for any availability status.
This offline feature in YouTube saves heaps of mobile data by simply using your mind. Whenever, you find good Wi-Fi connectivity, connect your phone and with the help of offline feature save that video to watch later.
Who can download the video to play offline?
YouTube offline is available for the two categories. For the YouTube Premium members and second for the YouTube users in selective developing countries.
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that demolishes the ads across YouTube’s application and facilitates the premium features that include offline playback and background playback. YouTube premium allows users premium service on YouTube music and Google Play music that makes YouTube premium the best in streaming.
The premium pack is of $11.99/month for a single person but it also supports family pack of $17.99/month for 6 users but this pack is available in the following countries.
Canada, Italy, New Zealand, Austria, Australia, Finland, Norway, France, Sweden, Spain, US, UK, South Korea, Ireland, Russia, Germany.
Before buying make sure it supports your country.
YouTube believes that mobile data is precious for everyone. It should not be wasted. In 120 countries/territories around the world, including Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Caribbean, and countries like India, users can download YouTube videos for offline playback without any subscription.
Now, you might be eagerly waiting to know how the offline feature works, if Yes then your wait is over! Below are the steps.
How to download YouTube videos to watch offline?
- Open YouTube.
- Click on the video that you want to download for offline viewing.
- At the end of the video title between Share and Add to buttons there is a download button, click on it.
- Now, the list of video quality appears on your screen. Choose the one quality that you want your video to download in.
- Tap OK.
- Wait patiently! Wi-Fi will begin the downloading process.
Now, if you want to download the entire playlist to play offline, follow the following steps:
- Open YouTube.
- Click on the playlist that you want to download for later consumption.
- Click on the Download button.
- Now, select the desired quality for the video.
- Tap the OK Button.
- Now, a pop-up message will appear on your screen that shows “downloading a playlist can take a lot of time and mobile data”. Click Ok.
- By Clicking on the OK button, the downloading begins.
How to change the quality of videos downloaded?
Once you select the video quality for the first downloaded video, remember all other videos will be downloaded in the same resolution or video quality, but do not worry because afterwards, you can still change that quality.
Or on YouTube make sure you select the option to ask for the quality every single time you download a video.
Below are the steps to change the video quality:
- Open YouTube account.
- On the top right corner of your YouTube, click your “Avatar” that holds your profile image.
- Click on the settings button.
- Search for the background downloads button. Click it.
- Click on the video quality.
- Choose the quality you want to download or if you want YouTube to ask every time then click “Ask each time” button.
How to schedule offline videos to download when connects Wi-Fi
As we all know and agree that mobile data plans are very expensive and it’s hard to get unlimited data plans with high speed. In this case, you can download an offline video when your phone connects to Wi-Fi as your precious mobile data won’t get burnt.
Keep the following steps in mind:
- Open YouTube account.
- Click on the Avatar>Settings>Background downloads.
- Select the option to “Download over Wi-Fi only”.
How to watch YouTube offline videos?
This is an important question after you have downloaded an offline video. You can view offline videos easily only on your YouTube app.
Here, are the following steps that will help you:
- Open YouTube app.
- Visit the homepage to find the file.
- Click the Account button (top on the right corner).
- You will see the Available offline button (this holds your offline downloaded videos).
By the above-mentioned steps, you can watch the video that you desire by an offline feature on YouTube. This feature downloads a video without draining your mobile data plan. Now, download YouTube videos as much as videos you want and watch them offline.