Download YouTube Videos: YouTube is the most popular video streaming website today. Millions of users have created their accounts on YouTube and upload videos that anyone can watch over the Internet.
Once a video is uploaded, YouTube generates a URL specific to the video. You can promote your video by simply sharing the URL after you upload the video to your account.
YouTube was created in San Bruno, California by three former PayPal employees (Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim) in 2005. In 2006, Google bought this American video-sharing website for US$1.65 billion.
Anyone can upload and download videos from YouTube. YouTube videos can also be seen online as well as offline. Online means streaming on the internet and offline means without the internet, after downloading it.
If you love to watch videos a lot, then the offline YouTube feature is meant for you. This feature allows YouTube users to enjoy their favorite or liked videos on their iOS or Android devices even if there is no internet connectivity.
- 1 Know Everything About YouTube’s Offline Feature
- 1.1 Who Can Download the Video to Play Offline?
- 1.2 How to Download YouTube Videos to Watch Offline?
- 1.3 How to Change the Quality of Videos Downloaded?
- 1.4 How to Schedule offline videos to download when connects Wi-Fi
- 1.5 How to Watch YouTube Offline Videos?
- 1.6 Final Thoughts
Know Everything About YouTube’s Offline Feature
This feature was launched in 2014. With this feature, YouTube users can save YouTube videos to their iOS or Android device that can be seen later. With the help of Wi-Fi or mobile internet, these videos can be downloaded.
The downloaded video can be played for the next 48 hours, then after 48 hours, you need to have Wi-Fi or internet connectivity to re-sync the video with the YouTube app for any availability status.
This offline feature in YouTube saves mobile data using some simple tricks. Whenever you find good Wi-Fi connectivity, connect your phone, and with the help of offline features, you can save that video to watch later.
Who Can Download the Video to Play Offline?
YouTube offline is available for two categories of people. One, for the YouTube Premium members and the second for the YouTube users in selective developing countries.
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that removes the ads across YouTube’s application and facilitates the premium features that include offline playback and background playback. YouTube premium allows users premium service on YouTube music and Google Play music that makes YouTube premium the best in streaming.
The premium pack is of $11.99/month for a single person but it also supports family pack of $17.99/month for 6 users but this pack is available in some selected countries. They are Canada, Italy, New Zealand, Austria, Australia, Finland, Norway, France, Sweden, Spain, the US, UK, South Korea, Ireland, Russia, Germany.
Before buying make sure it supports your country.
YouTube believes that mobile data is precious for everyone. It should not be wasted. In 120 countries/territories around the world, including Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Caribbean, and countries like India, users can download YouTube videos for offline playback without any subscription.
Now, you might be eagerly waiting to know how the offline feature works, if Yes then your wait is over! Below are the steps.
How to Download YouTube Videos to Watch Offline?
- Open YouTube.
- Click on the video that you want to download for offline viewing.
- At the end of the video title between Share and Add to buttons there is a download button, click on it.
- Now, the list of video quality appears on your screen. Choose the one quality that you want your video to download.
- Tap OK.
- Wait patiently! Wi-Fi will begin the downloading process.
Now, if you want to download the entire playlist to play offline, follow the following steps:
- Open YouTube.
- Click on the playlist that you want to download for watching later.
- Click on the Download button.
- Now, select the desired quality for the video.
- Tap the OK button.
- Now, a pop-up message will appear on your screen that shows “downloading a playlist can take a lot of time and mobile data”. Click Ok.
- By Clicking on the OK button, the downloading begins.
How to Change the Quality of Videos Downloaded?
Once you select the video quality for the first downloaded video, remember all other videos will be downloaded in the same resolution or video quality, but do not worry because you can still change that quality later.
You can also make sure that you select the option to ask for the quality every single time you download a video from YouTube.
Below are the Steps to Change the Video Quality
- Open YouTube account.
- On the top right corner of your YouTube, click your “Avatar” that holds your profile image.
- Click on the settings button.
- Search for the background downloads button. Click it.
- Click on the video quality.
- Choose the quality you want to download or if you want YouTube to ask every time then click “Ask each time” button.
How to Schedule offline videos to download when connects Wi-Fi
As we all know and agree that mobile data plans are very expensive and it’s hard to get unlimited data plans with high speed. In this case, you can download YouTube videos on iPhone and Android when your phone connects to Wi-Fi as your precious mobile data won’t get burnt in this way.
Keep the following steps in mind:
- Open YouTube account.
- Click on the Avatar>Settings>Background downloads.
- Select the option to “Download over Wi-Fi only”.
How to Watch YouTube Offline Videos?
This is an important question after you have downloaded an offline video. You can view offline videos easily only on your YouTube app.
Here, are the following steps that will help you:
- Open YouTube app.
- Visit the homepage to find the file.
- Click the Account button (top on the right corner).
- You will see the Available offline button (this holds your offline downloaded videos).
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can watch the video of your choice using the offline feature on YouTube. Using this feature, you can download a video without draining your mobile data plan. Now, download as many YouTube videos as you want and watch them offline.