Factory Reset Android Phone: Has your Android phone suddenly stopped responding or got frozen? The reason might be you have installed numerous apps on your phone that has made it slow or the new app that you have downloaded might be causing a problem with the functionality of your phone.
Or the biggest reason can be you are selling your phone and want to delete everything from your phone. There are a lot of reasons that make you factory reset your Android phone.
- 1 Ways to Factory Reset Android phone
Ways to Factory Reset Android phone
It is an effective solution for almost every Android issue. While you do a factory reset your Android phone you lose important data. It makes the phone back to the original state when it was bought. All data here means, Google account, application data, settings, music, photos, videos, and additionally other data.
Before planning, factory reset makes sure the following things are prepared by you.
- The phone should be fully charged.
- On Google drive or computer make a backup of data.
- Make sure to copy down your all accounts & passwords.
Simply use the default option that is in-built in the setting as this is the best way to reset your Android device. Almost every Android user follows the same pattern. Nowadays, these settings are easy and quick to navigate.
Types of Reset
- Soft reset
- Hard reset
A soft reset is very simple and easy. Just hold the power button for 30 seconds, it will restart itself. It does not delete any data or information from your phone.
If after a soft reset, still your phone again freezes or works slow then you need to do a hard factory reset and as mentioned it will clear all the data from your phone and will fix stubborn problems.
Read About Apps Freezing And Crashing
How to Factory Reset Android Phone?
A factory reset is also known as a hard reset. Hard reset is not at all a difficult process. Through the setting menu, the factory reset is the painless and the easiest way. If it is not possible by setting a menu you need not worry because by recovery mode you can still reset it.
Below are the steps by setting a menu and by recovery mode
Hard Reset your Android Phone via the Settings Menu
Make sure to back up your entire phone’s data prior. Each and every Android user holds a different method to reset the phone but the quickest and effective method is:
- Open the settings menu.
- Search backup & reset, then click on the factory data reset and reset the phone button.
- Here, you will have to enter your passcode and then click to “Erase everything”
- Now, once it is done choose the reboot option.
- Now, restore your phone’s data.
Factory Reset Options On Google Pixels, HTCs
They are as follows:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Find the “System”.
- Click on the “Factory data reset”.
- Here, you will see a list of data that will be erased. Click on the “Reset phone” button.
- Select the option “Erase everything”.
- Go to settings menu> then General management.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Here, you will see three options: Reset settings, Reset network settings and factory data reset.
- Click on the “Factory Reset” button. Here, you will notice a list of apps or accounts that will be erased from your phone permanently.
- If you are OK with it, click “Reset”.
On the other hand, if you are facing minor issues then you can select Reset settings or Reset network settings.
Factory Reset Android Phone in Recovery Mode
If you cannot access the setting menu then why to worry as to where there is a will there is always hope. By simply using the buttons of your phone, reset your phone in recovery mode.
Firstly, back up your phone’s data as this process will wipe up all internal phone’s storage.
Follow the steps
- Turn off your phone.
- Press the volume down button and at the same time hold power button until the phone turns ON.
- Here, you will see the word “Start” then press volume down until “recovery mode” gets highlighted.
- In recovery mode, hold the power button and volume up button.
- Press volume down until factory reset/wipe data gets highlighted than to select press power button.
- Now, choose “reboot system”.
- You can restore your phone’s data.
Now, without any hassle simply Factory reset Android phone by following the above-mentioned steps.