WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook. It allows users to send messages, voice messages, makes voice and video calls, share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
One of the most extensive software in the market currently. it is used almost exclusively as a messaging platform by more than 300 million Indians daily.
Which is a staggering 25 % of the total Whatsapp user population which is estimated to be almost 1.5 billion users.
By far India is the leader for WhatsApp supplying it with more daily active users than any other country on the planet.
How can we find people on WhatsApp?
With over 400 million users using its services in India merely, it is should come as no surprise that finding people on WhatsApp has become impossible if you do not possess their contact number.
That said let us start with the step by step process you need to follow in order to find the WhatsApp information of anyone you want.
1. Save the Contact Information
You begin by saving the contact information of the person you wish to find on WhatsApp. I would again like to reiterate the fact that YOU CANNOT FIND A PERSON ON WHATSAPP WITHOUT THEIR CONTACT NUMER.
2. Saving the name
The contact, after the press of the done button, been saved in your phone directory and as soon as it is saved. it will be synced up with the WhatsApp on your mobile as WhatsApp when you installed on your phone was given direct access in permissions to sync your phone’s contacts with itself.
This is what is going to enable you to comb through all the contacts and eventually reach the contact you wish to.
3. Opening WhatsApp
The WhatsApp icon is the green colored icon with the phone symbol within a messaging symbol. That represents the fact that you can use it to both texts as well as call.
4. Click on new contacts
Once you have opened the app, click on the circled option above and you should find yourself in the next screen.
5. Search the new contact
Now click on the New Contact option and type the name of the contact you wish to see.
Make sure the way you type the name is exactly the way you saved the name in the first place in the contact sheet of your mobile phone.
6. You have found the contact!
And there you have it, the contact you were searching for on WhatsApp. You are now free to use all the amenities the app has to provide. Like ranging from calling or texting and video calling.
That is all about how you can find a contact on WhatsApp through your phone.
Here are some key Statistics for WhatsApp that you might find simultaneously staggering and fun –
- 5 billion users in 180 countries make WhatsApp the most popular messaging app in the world.
- Because it has 0.2 billion more than stablemate Facebook Messenger
- One billion daily active WhatsApp users
- India is the biggest WhatsApp market in the world. Because it have 200 million users
- it’s estimated in some quarters that this has increased to 300 million.
- 120 million WhatsApp users in Brazil
- US WhatsApp market relatively small, at 23 million
- WhatsApp market penetration highest in the Netherlands, at 85%, followed by Spain (83.1%) and Italy (83%)
- 450 million users of WhatsApp Status, eclipsing Snapchat Stories
- Three million users of WhatsApp Business
- 65 billion WhatsApp messages sent per day, or 29 million per minute
- Two billion minutes spent making WhatsApp voice and video calls per day
- 55 million WhatsApp video calls made per day, lasting 340 million minutes in total
- 85 billion hours of WhatsApp usage measured May-July 2018
- WhatsApp acquired by Facebook for $19 billion in 2014
To know more about WhatsApp or any such app tune in to our blog and subscribe and leave us comments as to what apps you would like us to write articles about next.