Hide photos on iPhone: Everyone loves to show off photos that you’ve taken with your iPhone but at times, there are enormous photos that bit personal or no one wants to show 20-30 same selfies taken with your iPhone.
If you want your photos to be kept on the iPhone without showing them to others ‘Hide option’ is the best and the most appropriate. Now, there are lots of secure and safe ways to hide photos on iPhone.
How to Hide Photos on iPhone using the Photo App?
The Photo App is a pre-loaded app. Every iPhone or iPad has in-built tools that help you hide your data or photos on your iPhone without knowing anyone (secretly and safely). It is the most useful feature that every iPhone holds.
Read More: How To Clear Cache On iPhone Or iPad?
The hide photos option was first introduced by Apple in iOS 8 and then it was further enhanced by iOS 9 by providing the option to select/hide multiple photos in a single-use.
On the other hand, this option only hides photos from Moments, collections, and Years. This is the quickest and easiest way to hide any photo, as you do not need to install any third-party app.
Simply follow the following point steps to hide a single or multiple photos on your iPhone or iPad that you want not to be seen by everyone.
- Tap the photos app to open it.
- Open the album that contains photos to be hidden.
- Now select the upper right corner of your phone screen to choose photo/photos. You can choose multiple photos in a single click or manually by previewing every single photo that to want to hide.
- After selecting a photo, click the share icon (a square box with an arrow coming out from it) positioned at the bottom left corner.
- Now, you will see the multiple options in front of your screen. From these options select the “Hide” option (overlapping two rectangular boxes with a line crossing on it.)
- Click on the pop-up box with a message “Hide photos” to confirm. Now, all your hidden photos will be located in the folder with the name “Hidden”.
How to Outlook Hidden Photos on iPhone or iPad?
All your selected photos have been hidden but now the question arises on how to view or unhide the hidden picture? Do not worry, making it visible again is as easy as hiding them. You can unhide your photos anytime. Essentially, you need to follow the following points.
- Open the photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Albums>Hidden.
- Once the hidden folder opens, choose the photos you want to unhide by selecting the select button situated at the top right corner.
- After selecting the photos that you want to unhide, select the share icon situated at the left corner.
- Now, select the unhide option.
If you want to unhide all the hidden photos then the folder with the name Hidden will automatically be removed.
On the other hand, iPhone pictures can be hidden by using the notes app also. What exactly the notes app is? It is a pre-installed application that every iPhone holds. It is not a place to hide private photos but here you can lock your notes/photos with a passcode. So, on a safer side put a picture in the notes and simply lock it. Here are the steps to
Use Notes to Hide Photos on iPhone
- Open the photo album.
- Select the photo that you want to hide.
- Choose the share icon located on the button.
- After pressing the share icon, tap Add to Notes.
- Now, there will be a pop-up message on your screen to save or cancel. Click on the Save button.
- Next, open the Notes app on your iPhone. Tap on the note that contains the saved photos.
- Click on the share icon located at the top corner.
- Now choose lock note to lock the photos.
- Add a password or if you use touch id or face id, you can lock the note by using that too.
- Now, the photos are truly secured, it can be unlocked by using a touch ID, Face ID or password.
Nowadays, hide photos are necessary because close friends or children use our iPhone without taking permission. So, it is best to hide photos on your iPhone or iPad by using the above methods.
These methods to hide photos do not take much time and you do not need to install any third-party app. The options are pre-installed on your iPhone. Keep visiting Phoneier.com for more such blogs.