As we all know WhatsApp is a messenger app specially built for smartphones. It is free to download. This requires the internet to send/receive WhatsApp data like photos, music, videos etc. It is one of the most popular chat and call app. Whatsapp has highly secure feature.
Day to day WhatsApp chatting/photos produces lots of data on the iPhone. Generally, how many photos does every user gather from WhatsApp? The answer never-ending photos. People share millions of photos with their family, friends. Some are important and some are just for fun. These photos hold a special memory and you do not want to lose those photos. So, transferring that data to PC or Mac is the effective choice, as it demolishes the risk of deleting it from the iPhone and transferring WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC gives your phone some free space.
Now, you do not have to download any third-party software to transfer your WhatsApp data from iPhone to PC or Mac as because here are the steps that will help you to transfer Whatsapp photos from iPhone to PC or Mac.
- 1 Three effective methods to transfer WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC
Three effective methods to transfer WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC
1. Transfer WhatsApp photos using a USB cable.
2. Transfer Whatsapp photos via iCloud drive.
3. Transfer Whatsapp photos via Email chat process.
Now, let us describe every above-mentioned method in brief.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC using a USB cable
This method is the easiest and effective if you want to transfer your data. In this, you require a USB cable and make sure you enabled the feature of saving photos on your iPhone. If you want to check whether the photo saving option is enabled or not then open Whatsapp settings> click on the chat tab> check save to camera roll option is ON/OFF.
If you have checked both the aspects then you can easily transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
Now, follow the following steps to transfer WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer using the USB cable.
- Open your iPhone by entering the password.
- Now, open the file explorer on PC and click on your iPhone device name. (this you will find on the left side of your computer screen)
- Double click on the internal storage folder.
- Now, you will see the folders of your phone on your computer screen. Select all the folders. After selecting the folders drag and drop the folders onto your desktop.
- Wait for a few minutes as the computer might need some time in transferring the photos and other data. Once the process is complete disconnect your iPhone from PC.
Now, you can able to see all your Whatsapp photos on your PC.
Transfer WhatsApp photos from iPhone to Mac using a USB cable
If you are using Mac and want to transfer WhatsApp data, do not worry follow the mentioned steps.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac using a USB cable.
- Open your iPhone with your password.
- Click on the photos app on your Mac (sometimes it opens automatically).
- Now, in the Photos app, click on your iPhone device name. This you will find in the side menu bar under Import.
- Click on the top right corner button “Import All New Photos”.
- This might take a few minutes to complete the process of transferring photos from iPhone to Mac. Wait patiently!
Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC or Mac via iCloud drive
In this process, you do not require to enable save photos to the camera in Whatsapp. It can transfer the photos if the option is disabled.
Following methods will help you to transfer Whatsapp photos onto your Mac or PC
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone.
- Below, you will find Chats tab, Click on it.
- Choose the chatted contact from which you want to transfer photos to Mac. Now, on the selected contact swipe left from the right.
- Now, click on the “More” options from the slide-over menu.
- From the pop-menu click on “Export Chat”.
- On the next pop-up menu click on “Attach Media”.
- Now, you will notice that WhatsApp has created a file to export. Here you will be asked to select the option of how you want to share this file? Select “Save to Files” option.
- Select iCloud as the folder where to want to transfer the Whatsapp photos and then from the top right corner of the screen click on “Add” button.
- If in case you want to transfer the data for enormous contacts then repeat steps 3-8. (iCloud transfers the data individually.)
- If you have covered all your WhatsApp contacts then visit iCloud.com and log-in by entering your Apple ID (same that you using on your iPhone).
- Now, from the appeared screen click on the iCloud Drive.
- On the iCloud drive, you will find a Zip file of your WhatsApp chats. Just click on the Zip files name and it will download the folder to your PC or Mac.
(Zip file contains your chat and the photos shared by you both).
- If you want to import the photos from multiple contacts, then individually click on the zip file name and download the folder.
Transfer Whatsapp photos from iPhone to PC or Mac via Email chat process
Now, if you don’t use iCloud drive then do not worry. Email process is the best option to transfer WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC or Mac. Simply follow the following steps.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- From Whatsapp, click on the chat button that is on the bottom of your screen.
- Select the contact from which you want to transfer the WhatsApp photos on your PC or Mac. Simply swipe left from right on the corner.
- From the sidebar menu, click on the “More” option.
- Now, from the pop-up menu click on the “Export Chat”.
- Now, the next screen pop-up appears, click on the “Attach Media”.
- After WhatsApp completes the process, you will notice that it has created the file that you want to export. Now, you will have to select the option of how to share the chat file. Click on the “Mail App” button.
- Now, enter your email address in the To Field, Enter a subject, then click on the send button.
- A pop-up menu will appear on your screen that holds two options, select the first option “Use Mail Drop”.
- If the Email is sent from your iPhone then open your email on PC or Mac. Log-in with your credentials and check the file that you have sent to yourself. (It can take few minutes to appear in your mailbox due to photos or data being attached).
- Open the email that you sent to yourself. Here, you will find iCloud download icon (next to the download attachment) click on it!
Now, you will be able to see all your WhatsApp photos and chat from the chosen contact on your PC in a folder with a titled “WhatsApp Chat – Contact Name”. For Example: “WhatsApp Chat – XYZ”.
All the above-mentioned steps are easy and simple. There is no need to delete any memorable photo from your iPhone to make your phone spacious because by using any of the above-mentioned steps you can easily transfer WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC or Mac. With these steps, there is no need to download any third-party software.