Emojis are an essential element in our daily communication via laptops or mobile phones. Communication by expressing the expressions about what you exactly feel makes your whole chat interesting and attractive. But do you exactly know what an emoji mean on your Mac or iPhone? Everybody is curious to know the accurate meaning of emojis that they use in chat.
For instance, what an emoji on mac joining two hands means? Are two people high-fiving? Or is someone praying? If you too face the difficulties in such emojis then do not worry because the below-mentioned are the tips that will help to get your answer.
True Meaning of an Emoji:
Here are a couple of ways to find out the true meaning of an emoji on your Mac.
The First Method:
Follow these steps for the basic method to know what an emoji means:
- On your Mac, open the messaging app. Click on the smiley face below on the left side to bring up the emoji keyboard.
- Find the emoji for which you want to know the exact meaning.
- Place the cursor of your mouse on that emoji for a few seconds, wait patiently!
- After a few seconds, you will notice the pop-up with the meaning of that emoji.
The Second Method:
For emoji connoisseur, follow the steps for the same:
- Choose any of an application, go to the Menu bar>edit option>select emoji & Symbols. Or simply press Control + Command + Space from your best keyboard. Choose any of the above-mentioned methods to bring up a window with all the current emojis on your Mac.
- Choose emoji in the left sidebar.
- Find the emoji for which you want to know the meaning.
- Click on that emoji and select it.
- Now you will observe that selected emoji with the translation or exact meaning on the right-hand side.
Emoji is a fun mode to state your feelings. It has become an essential method for the one who communicates online. Whether you use emojis occasionally or on every instant message, tweet, Instagram post, facebook post with birthday cakes, flowers, smiley faces or more. With the above-mentioned steps, clearing know the exact meaning before sending any emoji!
How To Find What an Emoji Means on Your iPhone/iPad?
If your Mac can tell the accurate meaning of an emoji character by using easy steps, then your iPhone, iPad can also tell but the steps are not quite as simple as Mac.
In the iPhone or iPad, you have to use an accessibility feature for speaking out load the meaning of an emoji.
Just follow the following mentioned steps:
Method 1: On your iPhone/iPad, turn on “Speak Selection”.
- On your iPhone or iPad, Open settings menu, select General.
- Choose Accessibility, in Vision section Select Speech.
- Turn on the “Speak Selection”.
Method 2: Find the meaning of an emoji on your iPhone/iPad
- Open any app (Here message app is set as an example). Type/Edit the message by using your favorite emoji (for emoji keyboard, press the smiley face that is situated at the bottom left side). Long press the emoji or select the emoji of which you want to know the meaning.
- Hold it, until pop-up appears. Then choose “Select” or “Select All”.
- After selecting the emoji or the whole message click on the “Speak” option. Once you choose the speak option the meaning of that chosen emoji will be explained in the form of voice.
Clean Your Mac by Using CleanMyMac X
Emoji is the best method of communication. For instance, if you are smiling while reading the message of your friend, then simply reply with a smiling face. If your mac is creating some sort of issue or if it is not working the way it used to work then it is important to clean your Mac by using CleanMyMac X.
It is specially designed to speed up and clean your Mac within a few seconds. With this app, you can uninstall any application, protect your online or offline activity and more.
Enjoy your faster Mac by keeping it clean.