Rearrange Apps and Folders on iPhone: The easiest method to customize an iPhone is by rearranging the apps and folders located on the Home Screen. Your home screen is set by default from Apple but this arrangement of apps doesn’t work for many users. So, if you are one of them, then do not worry because know you can easily rearrange your apps on the iPhone.
You can change your home screen according to your desire, store apps in a folder, set your favorites on the Home screen. Use the following tips to customize it.
How to Rearrange iPhone Apps?
Steps to Rearrange Apps and Folders on iPhone
- Click and hold hard an app until the app starts to “Shake”.
- With a drag and drop method, drag the app icon to the desired location on the iPhone screen. In this way, you can rearrange the apps in whatever manner and on the preferred location on the home screen. (Note: there can’t be an empty space in between the apps).
- If you want to move an icon to a new screen simply drag the app icon to the left or right side of the screen, place the icon when a new screen emerges.
- If you get the preferred location to place an icon, drop the icon on the screen by taking off your finger.
- To save, swipe up from the ending point of the screen in iPhone X and later versions, but if you have an earlier version of iPhone simply press the home button.
In an iPhone, you can also select the apps that come out in the dock at the bottom of the iPhone screen. It holds the same process to rearrange the apps. Or if you want to replace apps with the latest apps, drag the old app and new app in while the apps are shaking.
On the home screen page, the dock is visible, so fill it up with your most recently used apps for hassle-free ease.
To keep your home screen neat, store the apps or web clips in a folder. In this way, you can store similar apps in a single folder and can create as many folders as you want.
This handy way of keeping the apps in a folder is preferred by many users. In iOS6 or earlier versions, you can only store 12 apps on the iPhone and 20 apps on the iPad but after iOS 6 version i.e iOS 7 till the latest version, you can keep unlimited apps.
Follow the steps to create an iPhone folder
- Hold the app until it shakes.
- Now, drag the shaking app on one another. Follow the same process to store more than 2 apps in a folder.
- Assign a name to that folder (XYZ).
Rearrange the folder the same way as you have rearranged the apps. Press long till they shake, drag and drop.
To create multiple home screen pages for apps and folders
Many people love to install different and dozens of apps on their iPhones. If these apps are stored on a single screen in a folder, it would be difficult to use. In this scenario, multiple home screen comes in mind. To create more than one screen is known as “Pages”. Simple swipe side-to-side and create as many pages as you want.
There are enormous ways to use home screen pages. For example: arrange all the music apps on one page, or use them as an overflow to add new apps, place all iPhone gaming apps on another page and so.
Steps to create a page
- Click and press an app or folder until the screens shake.
- Drag the app or folder that you want to set on another page of the screen. Hold the app on the right or left side of the screen. Now, it will slide over a new blank page that is created by the iPhone itself.
- Leave the app to the new page.
- If you use iPhone X or any latest iPhone then swipe up to the bottom of the screen to save and if you do not have iPhone X or latest then simply click on the home screen to save the new page.
By the above-mentioned steps, you can keep your iPhone clean and can easily find the desired app.